Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Housewarming


Welcome!

As you can see, I've moved. Nice, new digs. Have a look around. I think it looks pretty snazzy. If you're totally lost and have absolutely no idea who I am or why you should care about my life, please visit Lemonade Life or Justabitoff (over there--->).
That will get you up to speed on what you missed last season.

The header (up there ^ ) is a collage of pictures from my scrapbook.

Starting from the top, left hand corner:
1. Ashleigh, a friend from Georgia, and I and Tallulah Falls in Georgia, in March 2005.
2. Me, my mom, and my brother, Eric.
3. Julia, a friend from high school, and I at the Candy House Party in December 2005.
4. Deirde, a friend from Philadelphia, and I at the 4th of July Parade in Philly in 2004.
5. My nightstand, with the essentials: diabetes supplies, cross, NIV Bible and Searching For God Knows What by Don Miller (great book!)
6. My shotglass collection. I have 43 (I think...). From all over the world. I think you can make out the handle of the mini-beer mug from Germany, then South Carolina (the white one), Montana, New Orleans, Peru, North Carolina and Georgia... The super tall one in the back is from Mexico. I think that's really all you can see. But I only bought half of them. Most of my shotglasses are souvenirs that other people have bought me. If you're going some place, let me know and I will see if I have a shotglass from there.
7. The view from my window.
8. A small portion of my bookshelf. I think I've read half the books in this picture... I'm working on it.
9. The family cat, Emma.
10. Julia and I at the Santa Monica Promenade (L.A.) in September 2005.

I will most likely be rotating pictures as I get more. I really wanted to include some pictures from my trip to France, and maybe some pictures from Children's Congress 2001. Yeah, I get around. But I don't have any on this computer, so that shall have to wait.

Second Item of Business
Registration for classes! Yay!!!

Not.

Ugh. I always think I have finally outsmarted DuckWeb and figured out my classes three weeks ahead of time so I can just breeze through registration without any problems.

Hahaha...

Well, half an hour before registration comes and I discover that one of my journalism classes isn't even on the list anymore! Not that it's just closed, it's just not even there! Wha?? Anyway, I almost had to completely rework my schedule because the next journalism class I need threatened to throw everything off. Blast. But I managed to come out relatively on top.

And the winners are: Public Relations Planning and Problems, International Communications, Intro to the Non-Profit Sector (I'm taking all my classes for the Non-Profit Admin minor out of order. I've already taken 2 other Non-Profit classes before this) and Religous Life in the U.S. That last one will satisfy my Religious Studies minor and then I will be DONE! With at least something! Hurrah!

Third Item on the List

I enjoy writing long posts.

Quatro
I'm NOT going home for spring break. I'm going to...

CALIFORNIA!!!!
California, Oh California,
Here we come....
(those of you in the know will recognize that as "California" by Phantom Planet, better known as the O.C. theme song)
More specifically, the Bay Area of California. From approximately March 25-April 1. Or thereabouts. If you live in the Bay Area or happen to be there during the aforementioned dates, please inquire at the front desk about possible a lunch, dinner, or coffee with the author. Thank you.
Are we bored yet? Good, me too.
I'm out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Miller said...

I like the new digs. Very nice, indeed.

Allison, I am so glad you didn't decide to take a break from blogging altogether.

You would have been missed.

I'll be checking back regularly (as I'm sure the rest of your Lemonade Life readers will be doing) to see what you're up to.

Have a blast in California!

Sandra

7:03 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Nice new blog :) Love the pictures at the top.

Like Sandra said, I'm glad you haven't quit blogging all together!

Have a great time in California - I'm GREEN with jealousy! :)

I'll be baaaack!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Allison, great job with the new blog!

I'll miss you by a couple of weeks in California - I'll be in the Bay Area from April 12th. You better leave the place in good shape for me! ;-)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Sandra: Thanks! Yes, I am keeping up a blog. I don't think I could quit the O.C. if I had to. I'm too addicted to all your wonderful personalities!

Jamie: I'm glad you like the pictures. I'm sure I'll be rotating headers every once in awhile. I get bored easily.

Caro: Aw man! Too bad. :-( Yes, I promise to leave the Bay Area in pristine condition (or at least not any worse off than it is).

4:12 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

I like it, I like it. I hope you're as happy with your new site as we all are :-D Good Luck Darling! <3

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allison-
I just found your new site! I love the pictures on top- very nice touch. And I am sure that you'll have a wonderful time in CA- I have a lot of family there and it is beautiful!

Also- my brothers have shot glass collections too. One of them has a whole huge shelf in his closet filled with them.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home