Thursday, April 27, 2006

April in Eugene

This week has been AWESOME! It's been sunny with blue skies and warm summery-spring afternoons. The Quad has been teeming with college students in tank tops. Bike riders and skateboarders are everywhere. The only one I have issues with are skateboarders. They scare me. I keep thinking they will run me over. I mean, it's not like they can break!
Classes have been good, although I'm ridiculously behind on my midterm projects. Yikes. I went to the Navigator's Bible Study on Tuesday and we read from Ephesians 6:11-17 (check it out. It's the Armor of God passage.) Blood sugars have been touch and go, but mostly go. :-)

Today, I had one class, had lunch and coffee with my wonderful friend Sarah and we had a wonderful chat about boys, God, kissing and sex, sin and how to eat healthy while living in an apartment. Then I drove over to the pharmacy to pick up a new bottle of Symlin and then I walked around the campus and took pictures.

Welcome to my world:




The above pictures were taken by looking out the 8th and 9th floor windows of the most atrocious looking building on campus, the PLC building, seen below.

The only reason it looks nice is because I am an excellent photographer. The second photograph was actually taken on this strange little balcony on the 9th floor (on the left side of the picture, where all that brick is). You can't see it in the picture, but you can open up one of the doors at the end of the hallway and actually go outside. There are guardrails to keep you from falling, but the rails were wide enough that I was so scared I would drop my camera! The first one was taken on the right side of PLC, and the third one is a picture of Eugene.

Would you like to hear a University of Oregon legend? Sure you do! The Pioneer and Pioneer Mother statues (seen below) have always been able to see each other through the glass doors of the Johnson Administration Building (also seen below). However, the administration decided awhile back that they wanted to put new doors on the Administration Building. Solid doors. Doors that meant the Pioneer and Pioneer Mother could no longer see each other. There was complete outrage! Students formed protests to get the doors switched back to the glass doors. They were successful! The Pioneer and Pioneer Mother can now look at each other through the glass doors of the Administration Building once again...



Pioneer Mother

Pioneer

Johnson Administration Building

Doesn't that just make you go "awwww"? I heard that one on my first tour of the U of O.

Allen Hall, the journalism building. I spend quite a bit of time here.

Espresso Roma. My other home. I spend even more time here. It's quite lovely. You can't see it in this picture, but it's right next door to a Starbucks. But I don't go to Starbucks. Starbucks is for rich yuppies. Roma is for edgy intelliectuals. Like me. That's right. I'm edgy.

Watch out.

~*~

Thus completes our tour of my little corner of the world. I hope you have enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to continue browsing as there are lots of interesting things to see and do here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnboy said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing your world with us, and glad to hear about your mostly "go" sugars. :)

Good luck with those projects!

4:07 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

You're campus is gorgeous! Don't you love the spring?

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home