Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Seven on a Wednesday

1) I have finished 2 out of my 4 assignments from the weekend.

2) I am currently working on number 3, which is the paper on the non-profit. I'm doing mine on the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They do good stuff. You should check it out.

3) I think I may have pulled a back muscle four months ago. I am just now going to get it check out at the doctor's tomorrow. It is causing me an amazing amount of pain. I will fill you in on the details tomorrow.

4) At the J-school here at U of O, they have this new satellite program in Portland for PR students (like me) where we take our last 2 classes plus have a 20-hour a week paid internship at a Cool Place, like a company or an agency. There is room for 16 students for the Fall Term. 13 students applied (I was one of them). I haven't been officially accepted, but unless they just decide randomly that I suck as a person and don't deserve to go, you know what this means...

5) I got my receipt back for registering for the CWD Friends for Life conference in Orlando, FL. It's taken me about four years to actually go to this conference, so it better be a life-changing event. I get to see Gary and Ellen (right?). Anyone else going? Thinking about it? I'll be there! That should be enough of a reason to go, right? :-)

6) So, I wasn't going to mention this but my friend Ashleigh was like "This is totally brag-worthy" and ordered me to tell everyone because of how cool it is. Well, I was contacted a couple weeks ago by the Health Editor of Teen Vogue and the gist is that she is writing an article on the differences between Type 1 and Type 2 and she is going to feature Diabetes Teen Talk. I may even have a quote in there somewhere. So yeah, me and my site will be in a major non-D publication read by more than 5 people... It'll be out later this fall. I will make sure to give you the heads up.

7) OMG, isn't that the funniest cat you have ever seen in your life?? Seriously. I want to take that cat home with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home