Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Meme: The Deluxe Edition

These two memes brought to you by Megan and Kassie, respectively.

The "I Am..." Meme

1. I am less than two months away from my 21st birthday.
2. I am really excited that it's summer.
3. I am a wanna-be East Coaster.
4. I am a follower of Jesus.
5. I am a pumper.
6. I am a diabetic (if you hadn't noticed).
7. I am an obsessive-compulsive e-mail checker.
8. I am a writer.
9. I am a Trekkie.
10. I am an old soul.
11. I am addicted to coffee.
12. I am a Portlander.
13. I am not looking forward to packing up my room.
14. I am 127 mg/dl (at 1:47 p.m. on June 21, 2006-- not all the time, unfortunately).
15. I am a bookworm.
16. I am still single.
17. I am faithful.
18. I am a bit odd.
19. I am afraid of having my knees touched.
20. I am very loud sometimes.
21. I am a chronic giggler.
22. I am on Facebook.
23. I am part Hungarian, part Swedish, part English and part Irish.
24. I am a collector of shotglasses (41, baby!).
25. I am a daydreamer.
26. I am a thinker.
27. I am a traveler.
28. I am creative.
29. I am ticklish.
30. I am kind of a big deal.

The Top 12 Cool Things That Have Happened To Meme:

I was diagnosed with diabetes 12.5 years ago, and I kind of already did a similiar list in January for my 12th anniversary. So for this list, I'm going to go with strictly non-D related cool things.

1. At age 10, went to Sunriver, a resort in Central Oregon, and for the first time could freely exert my budding independence. Biked around the resorts 30+ miles of bike trails, went swimming, shopping at the village mall and ate ice cream. On this and subsequent trips, I was by myself a lot. This was before the days of cell phones and insulin pumps. Am still amazed I didn't die.
2. Took the First Aid/Babysitting class with my Girl Scout Troop. At age 11, commenced my (so far) life long career of babysitting.
3. At age 12, began my search for God at the Sunriver Community Church. Search for God led me to meeting my friend Ashleigh, one of my first very close online friends.
4. At age 13, went to the East Coast for the first time with my family and visited D.C. and Williamsburg. Had an old-fashioned Revolutionary War-era dinner with my mom in Williamsburg. Was very cool because I had an American Girl doll from that era (Felicity) and I got to be just like her.
5. At age 15, went to NYC with my mom and saw my first Broadway show (Chicago). Took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Stood inside the lobby of the World Trade Center to buy said Broadway tickets.
6. At age 16, got my driver's license. The next day, drove into Downtown Portland. For the first time. By myself. Didn't hit anything. Thank God.
7. At age 17, graduated from high school and became a Duck.
8. Went to France with my mom and stayed in a little Parisian apartment near Notre Dame. Turned 18 while in Paris. Also went to the Loire Valley and Mt. St. Michel. Saw a little 15th century house from the freeway. Thought it was a little odd, actually.
9. At age 19, was baptized on a Thursday.
10. Begrudgingly moved into a house that turned out to be one of the best decision I ever made. Spent a lot of time talking with three girls who helped me recover from a broken heart.
11. Flew across the country to Georgia to meet Ashleigh for the very first time. Also marks my very first time in the South.
12. At age 20, saw the most amazing concert in Los Angeles: Weezer, Beck, Cake, Oasis, Garbage... just to name a few. Amazing, simply amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Sunriver is the best! My parents had their honeymoon there 32 years ago! We stayed there for our annual ski trip to Mt. Bachelor for my years of my childhood. I LOVE IT! I, too exerted my independence during my early teens, by staying behind one day of the week while the rest of the group headed to the mountain. I explored Sunriver and felt so grown up! :) Goodies is the best huh?! I've got to make another trip up there and show off the place to my husband!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home