Friday, May 12, 2006

The Infamous Julia Interview

1. Pretend you're stranded on a desert island. You already have shelter, water, batteries, an abundant food supply that doesn't revolve around coconuts and even a cabana boy/girl to minster to your, erm, needs. However, you need some intellectual entertainment. Give me your top five desert island:

Books:
1. The Bible (This one should speak for itself)
2. Diary of a Young Girl (it's just an all around inspiring book)
3. Life of Pi (Pi survived on a boat in the middle of the ocean for months with a Bengal
tiger. If that doesn't keep you motivated, I don't know what will.)
4. Blue Like Jazz (it reminds me of what's really important as a Christian: a relationship
with God)
5. A blank book so I can do a bit of my own creative musings.

Movies:
1. Saved (I LOVE this movie. It teaches me how not to be and it's awesome!)
2. Ghost World (it's just awesome.)
3. Garden State (this is the kind of movie that you swear is about your life)
4. Almost Famous (it's just a good movie. and I want to be Kate Hudson. only without the overdose.)
5. My Fair Lady (because I need a classic and Audrey Hepburn is so freaking adorable!)

Albums
1. Moby's Hotel (there are some dance ones, some mellow ones, and it's really long, so it
will take me long to get sick of the songs.)
2. A Madonna Album (I don't know which one... I'm still thinking.)
3. Beck's Guero (I like Beck. And this the only album I own. Thus I'm bringing it.)
4. Beatle's One album (OK, I know this is a greatest hits album and maybe that's not a good
thing, but it seriously as all my favorite Beatles songs on it, so I don't really care.)
5. Probably a U2 album. I don't own a U2 album so I would have to look to see which one has the most songs that I like.

2. Now, pretend you won the lottery. It's a huge amount, although not sickeningly huge. After you've given away your chunk to charity, paid off all your bills, set up savings/trust funds for kids and self and given money to deserving family and friends, you're left with $5 million, which you must use to build a house. Where would it be? What would it look like? Tell me how you'd furnish it and then describe your first party there.

I really like those Spanish-style Mediterranean homes that celebrities have. So something like that. But it would be in France, because it's the only foreign country I've been to that where I could actually imagine living. Well, technically it's the only foreign country I've been to period, but still. It's a nice place.

My party would involve costumes, lots of food (next to little notecards with the carbs per serving) and lots of balloons. Balloons just make parties ten times more fun. Oh, and a pinata. Definitely a pinata.

3. If you could have dinner with five people from history, living or dead, who would they be? What about five fictional characters? What would you serve at each dinner?

REAL: Jesus, Paul, Anne Frank, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Galileo.

FICTIONAL: Sam from Garden State, Santa Claus, Gandalf from Lord
of the Rings, Yoda and Captain Picard from Star Trek.

Forget cooking, I'm taking them to Montage, the coolest restaurant in Portland. :-)

4. Describe your least favourite and best characteristics.

Least: Lazyness, way too freaking sensitive, overanylitical. Oh, and I'm way too serious for
my own good.

Best: Persistence, creative, and I am ridiculously good about remembering birthdates. Now, in
order for this to really be effective is to remember the birthdate on the actual date. Which
doesn't always happen.

5. And finally, answer James Lipton's Ten Questions:

What is your favorite word?
Twinkie. I just love the way it sounds when you say it.
What is your least favorite word? The N word. I won't even write it. I just hate everything about it.
What turns you on? Sense of humor and honesty.
What turns you off? Ignorance and people who are Me Monsters. You know the people who talk so much about themselves that you start replacing every word with "Me." "Me me me ME me ME me me me MEEEE."
What is your favorite curse word? Dammit.
What sound or noise do you love? Laughter (particularly babies/children laughing).
What sound or noise do you hate? Screaming and gunshots.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I don't have a profession (yet) but if I could choose something completely different from what I'm planning to do, I would say being an actress. I think that would be fun. For awhile. I think I'd get sick of it though.
What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving math or science.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Welcome home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home