Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Life = Total Awesomeness

Well, I can finally post the big news that I have been waiting since FEBRUARY to tell you all.

I sold my website, Diabetes Teen Talk, to dLife. Accepted the deal yesterday.

And they are bringing me on board as a "content consultant."

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exciting for a few reasons.

Number One: I get paid! For stuff I've been doing for free! So EXCITING!

Number Two: Diabetes Teen Talk will have a future. The big concern I have always had with having Teen Talk (in either the Diabetes Portal version or the current version) was the fact that I don't know if I'm going to be able to continue to work on it when I graduate from college. I know having a full-time job doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of having the website. I mean, I am in college full-time, and have a part-time job, too (Ugh). But I was always afraid that once I got to be too old- like 30 or something - or too involved in a career/family, I would not have the ability/time to devote to a resource that I think is REALLY important. So having it a part of the dLife family means that if for whatever reason I don't continue working on Teen Talk it will continue on.

I'm also hoping to wrangle a full-time job out of this, since I am GRADUATING next year (insert scream here).

3) Beaucoup opportunities for me to do some really cool stuff for teens and for people in general with diabetes that I wouldn't be able to do if I was on my own. Yay for other people!

So yeah. That's the big news. There might be more big news associated with this new change, but I don't know what any of that is right now. But you will be the first to know.

Well, maybe second.

Okay, you're at least on the top 10 of first people to know. :-)

In other late-breaking-totally-exciting news, I:

1) have only 7 more shifts left at the AGP (thank God) because it's almost summer!!
2) am in the new summer issue of JDRF's Countdown magazine. Hurrah! I will try to scan it and put up a link to it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy. But go get yourself a copy anyway. You can get them for free at your local chapter. Or, heck, JOIN the JDRF and then you get them all year long! Woohoo! Yay for JDRF and research news and all that good stuff.
3) am volunteering for the ADA BBQ auction tomorrow, which should be funfunfun. Yay for volunteering. And I get class credit for it! Double hurrah!
4) am no longer doubling over in pain from my stupid back. Physical therapy = my new best friend. Seriously. It's even forcing me to go to the gym everyday (well, except for today...) which is great.
5) get to see my best friends Julia & Justin from high school on Saturday. Wahoo! I haven't seen either of them since December, which is a crazy long time to go without seeing those you love.

and lastly:

6) am totally, 100% obsessed with the band Anberlin. I'm listening to Paperthin Hymn right now and it's AWESOME!!!!!!! Download them now!

Ok. Seven totally awesome things about my life. I think I've got everyone caught up with the exciting, intrepid world of Allison.

Screw diabetes. My life rocks.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

You rock.

That is totally awesome news. Congratulations - you so deserve every bit of the rewards for your generous, hard work.

Keep rockin'!
(glad to hear your back is better, too)

6:07 AM  
Blogger If not a mother... said...

wow, that is great!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Wow, congratulations!! That's great news all over the place.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Allison! That IS total awesomeness.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations on all of it!

You DO rock!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

OMG Allison! That's awesome news! I'm so excited for you!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks you guys! :-D

3:28 PM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Allison,

Your life does indeed rock.

Thank you so much for sharing all of the wonderful news.

Congratulations!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Congratulations!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Allison,
We are all very proud of you. You have such important purpose ahead of you and you are off to a bang up start. Congratulations.
Anberlin is cool huh? A few years ago we started finding all of the "underground" Christian rock bands (before any of them really hit main stream) and that was one of the bands we fell in love with.
Enjoy your success and rock on through to the other side. =)
Viv

7:33 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Viv- I thought I saw on Anberlin's website that they were going to be playing at Creation West at the Gorge in the Washington, but I couldn't find anything on their website that had any kind of religious statements... Good to know they really are Christian. Makes me like them EVER MORE! :-)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

In Denver a couple of years ago Taylor was on the street team for a concert called Hoi Polloi. They have like 20 Christian bands and it is sort of like OzFest for Christians, hahaha. Anywho Anberlin was one of the bands that played there. It was very cool.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home