Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Happy Blogaversary to MEEE!!!!!!

One year ago today, I made the leap onto Blogger.

Between Lemonade Life and Everything Related, I have a posted 114 times my thoughts and feelings about diabetes and life in general.

But more important to me than what I have written on my blog are the thoughts and feelings that people have written to me through comments, email, instant messanger or a personal blog.

You guys are awesome. I love checking everyday (oh who am I kidding, I love checking every hour...) to find out what's new, to provide and receive more support, education and laughter than I have found anywhere else in 12 years of having diabetes.

It's been one heck of a ride! The Diabetes O.C. wasn't even officially in existence back then... But now we've got over 100 people (and associated children, boyfriends, husbands & wives...) in our little community and I'm proud to be a part of it. So thank you very much for coming, lurking, commenting, emailing, IMing. And for allowing me the opportunity to live and grow with each of you as we learn more about living with diabetes.

It's been a crazy, fun, emotional, and exciting year and I look forward to this next year and the year after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the....

You know. Until we find a cure for this perhaps-not-so damned disease. And, hopefully, even after that.

Live long and prosper. ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

Well said Allison! And thank you for being a great facilitator of the OC. Your enthusiasm and spirit are a great inspiration!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger justme said...

Happy Blogaversary to you!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Allison!

And thank you, for sharing your feelings, hopes and fears.

Here's hoping too for many future years!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Happy Blogaversary!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Allison. We are SO glad to have you!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Digital Marketing Innovation said...

Happy Blogaversary to you!

mountain gorilla safari

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home